“Irish Crochet And How To Make It” From Priscilla Crochet Collection, Modern Translation By Maria Vowell
Bring back a dying art while providing wonderful crocheted pieces for pleasure and profit.
Instructions that are so easy to understand that anyone can master these techniques, even if they have never crocheted a single stitch!
If you’ve ever wanted to master this exquisite art, you’ll find this detailed manual provides all the instructional guidance you’ll need to make delicate and elegant crocheted pieces.
Although many may say that Irish crochet is a dying art, it’s still a wonderful skill to master for those that love to create fine works of art from fine threads.
“Irish Crochet And How To Make It” is from the Priscilla crochet collection, and has been translated to today’s modern English so that the reader can much better understand the instructions.
In this detailed manual, you’ll learn:
- Which materials are proper to use when creating your Irish crochet pieces.
- Explanation and abbreviations of stitches used.
- How to crochet the basic stitches used in most of your patterns.
- How to make simple motifs that are created just for beginners.
- How to crochet wonderful backings that can be used to join your motifs to make wonderful
- clothing and other delicate items.
- How to join motifs in an attractive fashion.
- How to make beadings that can be used to decorate pre existing articles of clothing, pillowcases, tablecloths and bedspreads.
- How to crochet medallions of pure elegance, that are so pleasing to the eyes that others will be shocked to see that crochet is more than just plain old granny squares.
- Take everything you have learned throughout the manual, and apply these techniques to create a wonderful opera bag purse that is so beautiful that others will hardly believe that you made it yourself!
With over 100 patterns for motifs, medallions, beadings, backings and projects, you’ll find that you have plenty to keep you busy crocheting happily for many months to come!
Once you have mastered these techniques, you’ll be able to design your own articles of clothing, and other elegant projects, with ease because they all come together using the same basic assembly principles.