“The Art of Manufacturing Soap & Candles” by Adolf Ott, PhD. Originally published on May 1, 1867.
Including the Most Recent Discoveries Embracing All Kinds of Ordinary Hard, Soft and Toilet Soaps; Especially Those Made by the Cold Process and the Making of Tallow and Composite Candles
“How to make pampering products that will delight customers, pamper your skin and prove to be more profitable than you could ever imagine!”
If you’d like to learn how to make homemade soaps that will have your skin feeling refreshed, radiant and oh so smooth, create romantic homemade candles that will bring joy and harmony to any home or create unique and delightful bath products that will have customers craving for more, then this might be the most important letter you’ll ever read.
The “Art Of Manufacturing Soaps And Candles” is packed with so much wonderful information to help you learn these wonderful crafts you’ll find yourself creating wonderful soaps and candles that will amaze your family, friends and even those that may not be very friendly towards you!
This publication was written in the late 1800’s by a leading expert at that time and also provides factual and productive information from some of the top manufacturers, inventors, chemists and established authors from the 1800’s.
This publication deals not only with the manufacture of soaps and candles, but it also includes illustrations and critical explanations of the various manipulations and mechanical arrangements by which they are effected, thus compiling a condensed narrative full of information that had never been published previously.
Here’s a summary of just a few things you’ll find in this fantastic publication:
- Concise instructions for making transparent soaps
- The history of soap making
- Equipment used for manufacturing soaps and candles
- Various methods used to make homemade soaps
- The different types of materials used in making soaps and candles
- Preparation of your lye, oils and water to make the perfect batch of soap
- In depth information concerning fats and oils used in making soaps, and benefits of using each particular oil or fat
- Complete instructions for making the very popular toilet soaps from the Victorian era
- How to make wonderful soft soaps that will get hands and laundry super-duper clean
- Coloring and perfuming your soaps
- Wonderful recipes for making some of the most popular soaps used in that time period, including the still popular and famous Windsor soap
- Recipes for making shaving paste. Once you make a batch of this you’ll never waste money on store bought shaving cream again!
- Two complete chapters devoted to candle making exclusively
- Historical functions of the candle as an illuminator
- Complete information concerning the raw materials used in candle making
- New methods of rendering tallow for your candles
- Complete information on preparing wicks, dipping candles, and making candles from molds
Learn about the history of soap and candle making, view illustrations of the top machines used in the late 1800’s for making homemade soaps and candles, and relive a part of history as you read information shared by some of the leading soap and candle manufacturing experts of the late 1800’s!